View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008   #20
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69042 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The SI NFL Preview just arrived

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qman View Post
I don't know that this will carry over, but the Texans have not been turning the ball over in the Preseason. That is a really good habit-one that leads to overachieving.

Personally I see the Texans at 8-8 again or maybe 9-7.
Thru three games last preseason, we were plus 4 on turnovers, although I don't know what the breakdown of that number was. So I completely agree that it may or may not mean anything (how's that for going out on a limb?). It is a positive that the offense hasn't turned the ball over at all to this point - just special teams. (And yes, I know there were a couple of balls that should have been intercepted, and fumbles that could have been recovered, but they weren't).

One difference between this year and last is the passing yards given up by the D. Believe it or not, we're actually giving up about 40 yards less per game than thru the third preseason game in '07. We're giving up about 20 more rushing per game. Compared to the regular season last year, we're giving up about 15 yards a game less in total. Meaningless I realize - especially when you consider that it doesn't break down our starters vs. their starters, but at least it kind of refutes the sky is falling mentality. It may not be rising a whole lot, but our level of mediocrity seems to be stable at worst.