View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008   #12
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The SI NFL Preview just arrived

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
I see Young having a regression and the Colts starting slowly. I think the Jags win the division this year. I think Texans miss the playoffs again but win 8-9 games. We have a tough start. The Titans just don't have the team to do it again IMO, and I don't think Vince has the ability as a QB to step up and win with such obvious flaws.
Interesting theories you have there.

The Jags could certainly drop off as well. They have no WR's at all. What if Fred Taylor's old ass finally gets hurt for a while and Jones Drew is forced to pound the ball the whole time? Things won't be as easy.

Plus, they lost that huge guy on their D line. Spears I believe, and that is a BIG loss. Then they're rookie DE Harvey just signed, so he'll have no impact at all this year. If they were to win the division, it won't be because they were a top AFC team. Plus, many people aren't aware of how tough their schedule is this year.

Now the Colts should be fine if Peydon is healthy and can do the same stuff. Even if MH is not the same, Gonzo played really well at the end of the season for them.

Then the Titans are looking great outside of their passing game. VY looks awful as a passer again this year, and they have even worse WR's than the Jags. They will have a good running game again though, and a really good defense.

Then that brings the Texans, who are the BIG Question mark. If the Texans D can over achieve, then I really like our chances. After the Dallas game though, I'm really worried about the D. And our RB's need to stay healthy which is unlikely as well. The thing that most people aren't accounting for though is that the Texans have no depth at all. If the Texans were to lose any one of out KEY players, they're done. If AJ, Demeco, or Mario Williams goes down then the Texans will have no shot at all. That is a big worry of mine, is if one of those 3 key players were to miss a lot of time. Those 3 guys are to important to this team's success this year, and they have to stay healthy to make a run at the wild card.

Now that brings the Texans who
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote