View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008   #142
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What is the Defense Missing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
Why ?

Amobi was a rookie last year.

TJ's hasn't lived up to his draft status.

I guess these things are Smith's fault too.

If there is a co-ordinator that could have made Amobi play like a seasoned vet last year an make Travis Johnson play like a 1st rd. DT, I'd love to have them on board. If that same D-coordinator could have made Weaver not get hurt I'd be smitten.

The talent was so great on our team that people dubbed Frank Okam...a late rd. rookie pick with questions looming about his playing habits...as the immediate answer or atleast partial solution to our run stopping game...

Talk about distorted perceptions...

I wasn't saying the talent was tremendous. I'm saying that the talent, money, and picks spent on the defense the past three seasons should show some fruit this year. If we don't turn into a solidly average to above average defense this year the defensive coordinator should be held accountable. I have doubts about him but I don't blame him for last season. I hope my doubts are proven wrong. But, if we stink this year, he's gotta go- even if we stink in September he's gotta go.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote