View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008   #26
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Weaver, Greenwood, Reeves....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Right now they are bodies occupying space. Smith has been much better in surfing the waiver wire and with the draft than he is in off-season FA acquisitions. Leverage his competency while getting his younger players minutes is fine by me. We know what Greenwood and Weaver can't do. As much as this about money, it is about getting snaps for players to fail and eventually produce.

Lastly, a good coach or scheme can hide players' deficiencies to some degree - I don't think a master defensive coach could hide Weaver's in his current state and in this scheme. Nice guy, bad fit.
I don't know if you meant to imply that Smith has been bad at making Off-season Free Agent acquisitions or that he has just been so good at waiver wire acquisitions.

I'm sure that you know this, but just to clarify for any newcomers here, Smith is not responsible for the signings of either Weaver or Greenwood.