View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008   #25
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120523 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Weaver, Greenwood, Reeves....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
I'm sorry, but I don't know what anyone ever saw in Greenwood...

He's Jay foreman with a +1 boost...

He's never been anything more than a guy who knew his assignments and had some decent quickness..

He lacks strength, aggressiveness and instinct....He can't blitz, cover, or make plays in run support...

He knows his assignments though....

how many times have we seen Greenwood make plays on the other side of the line of scrimmage since he's been here ????

Just from pre-season I've seen Diles in the opponents backfield more than Greenwood has since he's been here. Passive linebacking makes for easy picking running and passing for opposing offenses.
DE and OLB HAVE to offer something in the form of a pass rush. Greenwood and Weaver do not. As long as they are starting we will be an average defense. I have been saying this for 2 years now. I would rather see Addibi starting and giving up the occasional rookie mistake but also making an occasional big play than watching Greenwood play his very average overall game with 1 or 2 good plays a year.

Offensive line should be the only position on offense that should get any consideration on the first day of the draft next year. We must improve our pass rush if we want to become a regular playoff team.

Last edited by mussop; 08-26-2008 at 07:27 AM.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote