View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008   #131
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP
Default Re: What is the Defense Missing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan JBZ View Post
But it's Richard Smith's job on the line if the defense doesn't improve. And when you say that Kubes says it wouldn't be effective with our DBs-THAT'S EXACTLY WHY THE PLAY-CALLING HAS TO BE AGGRESSIVE! We are not the NY Giants of last year. We're not the Titans. It's pretty much understood that our front four can't generate enough of a pass rush to cover up for the secondary. That's why RS has to blitz more. It's not a matter of wanting to, he has to. I'll admit, our LBs suck at blitzing. But he still has to try something.

Perfect example: The Girls had the ball in their territory right before halftime last Friday. Instead of going after the QB, the defense sits back in a soft zone and Romo picks them apart. Nobody in his face, all the time in the world to throw. Gets them down the field and into chip-shot field goal position. Made it look easy. And I don't want to hear this, "well, the Texans were playing the Cowboys who have a high-powered offense" line. Look at the schedule: Colts twice, Jags twice, Bengals, & Browns. And that doesn't include the offenses that will look better than they are against us, which always seems to happen. I'm just glad we have an offense that can keep up.
But if Kubiak is telling him not to blitz, what is he to do?
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote