View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008   #16
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1664 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: lol, cowboy fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
During and a few years after the 90s Superbowls, there was a guy on one of the Houston radio stations as a regular caller. He was some obnoxious Cowboy fan that occasionally also insulted the Oilers. There's also the "How 'Bout Them Cowboys!!!" commercial. Other than that, it's probably mainly just that the Cowboys have a lot of bandwagon fans in Houston. It's bothersome that they just root for which ever team has the most rings. We know that isn't going to change for a while. It's also things like Cowboys televised training camp in SA, when not even all of Houston's real games will probably be aired. It's hard for Texans fans to not have a short fuse with Cowboys fans sometimes.
For me, a couple of fans that I did not like was Cowboy Bill Lamza and Cowboy Steve. A lot are the bandwagon fans in Houston also. I remember going into a company and just brought up the victory(19-10) in our first year and a guy stuck his head in the middle of the conversation and said 5 Super Bowl rings! Since I live in Corpus I don't have to listen to that much anymore.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote