View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008   #15
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 22174 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: lol, cowboy fans

Personally, I think too many people in general are not as courteous as they were 20 or so years ago. Football games aren't the only place this shows up, so if it happens other places as well, some of the same people are buying game tickets and posting on message boards.

I rarely visit our rivals board, and in those rare occasions that I do, I don't become offended with their opinion. I treat smack forums as generally that, and some of the best smack talk I've read was courtesy of Raider fans. The faint in heart would have a hard time coping. These guys must have gone from Smack 101 through the 600's.

The Cowboys and Redskins have had a long term rivalry going, but the unity between the Boys and Skiins fans I saw when Sean Taylor was murdered put it all in perspective. There was one poster that made a wisecrack about his lifestyle, and he was quickly put in check by the administrators. Both agreed that after the mourning, we would return to our rivalry status which did take a few weeks.

I also think that media play a big part in keeping contention and negativity going as well. Along, with fans, they seem to find the "one" comment by the "one" person and apply it to the whole. Example, the "one" fan that resented what his same seat in the new stadium would cost, was the only fan included in the clip. I can agree that the price was extremely expensive, but, there are many other seats in the stadium that could still afford a great gameday experience. A billion plus dollar stadium is going to come with a sticker shock.

I need clarification about this particular section. Is this a rivalry, smack or both seciton? Is it also for serious sports talk, but limited for the most part to rivals? I ask because most smack if full of nonsense and is not to be taken seriously or to cause anger.

My take away from the game on last Friday was 1st the Cowboys need to work on getting the ball into the hands of their players because no matter how good you look coming out, one momentum shift can change the outcome, Schaub did not look good the first half, but did improve, and the Texans defense will have some work to improve upon before the Pittsburgh game. Hopefully for all teams these four weeks will help in identifying what needs to be perfected before the regular season begins. Jury still out on Roy Williams, and Felix Jones was so-so, Slaton looked great as did Colombo and Flozell. I like Carpenter, but most posting fans aren't impressed.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote