View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008   #8
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Weaver, Greenwood, Reeves....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
Does anyone really believe Diles is a downgrade over Danny Clark? Hes probably not going to be a real impact player but I think this is a small upgrade at least. Morlon is Morlon, nothing special and hopefully Adibi comes along fast because I really believe he will show up ala Slaton on offense. Overall though this unit hasn't changed much.
Did you know that Danny Clark is now the starting WLB for the Giants?

On the whole, I agree with you. This unit should perform better than the unit we put on the field last year.

But the unit we put on the field last year didn't out perform the unit that ended the season the year before. Over the last 13 games of the season 2 years ago, our defense was actually pretty good. (The first 3 games of the season 2 years ago were one of the worst 3 game stretches by a defense... evar.)

Just having better and more experienced players doesn't mean that we're going to improve. And if we're going to have a winning season, our defense needs to improve.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote