View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Funny excuse from VY fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Alex Smith looked like a God against us.
Not sure what that has to do with the Titans receivers, but ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Was that the same game when Roydell Williams racked up half of those yards playing against Petey Faggins? And the same game when although they got those yards, never got a passing TD? Again... going back to the point- they won that game (and most all their games) because of their running game and defense/special teams.

Passing TD's: 0 (0 points)
Rushing TD's: 2 (12 points)
Bironas FG's: 8 (26 points including 2 pat's)
I know what the stats are. Williams racking up 44% of those yards is approximately proportionate to what AJ does to other teams. Collins inability to score TD's may have been more about lack of snaps or a little rust, but he certainly moved the ball at will. The play of that game was a play not made........ by Dunta on Williams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
Kerry Collins's record in the preseason is just as crappy and in the last game he had several passes that sailed or where otherwise well off the mark. No one in Hickville is clamouring for Collins to get the nod over Vince.

Both Collins and Young are not doing well. *Maybe* the receivers have something to do with it. (Note: I did not say they have "everything" to do with it.)
I wouldn't put too much credence into preseason performances including whether its VY or Schaub going 14 of 16. Also, if you go to gotitans.com you will see more and more tack fans getting tired of VY. I'm not saying they are calling for Collins, but that wasn't point above anyway.... Point was and remains, Collins was effective throwing the ball against us with the same WR's that VY has - irrespective of whoever is covering them...

Maybe it could be that they don't want to spend money on receivers when they're not sure or know that their QB can't get the ball to them. What would probably help them and vincent though - is getting a tall athletic guy who can catch those jump balls like Sweed did for Young at Texas...

For those that missed the point of my post it is this...

The receivers that Collins had were the same receivers that VY had. Collins was able to move the ball in the air and VY was not.. Period.