View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008   #9
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Funny excuse from VY fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
relies WAY too much on his God-given talent and not his football smarts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Where does this misconception come from that vy has football smarts? The offense at UT was dumbed down for vy to a first read if open throw if not run. He could not grasp Chows playbook and it was dumbed down and in his second year he regressed and got chow fired. Now they have a new old coordinator who is talking about working on his mechanics (which should have been done while he was in High School). So someone please explain to me where this premis is that he has football smarts. He is a gifted athlete I will give him that but that is all he is.
Well maybe I didn't say that the best way I could have? I don't think it's a misconception that he has football smarts. It's the level those smarts are at. Maybe I should have said "or lack thereof"... ANYWAYS... the whole point is all he uses is his talent... if all you do is go off your talent, you'll rarely ever progess, especially at QB. I completely agree with what your saying though. I thought they should have selected Leinart but that's irrelevant now. What is relevant is when they selected VY.. Chow was done- Vince would never fit as a pocket passer. In order for him to progress, he's got to be taught.

And yes he does have football smarts- he gat a what.. 6 on the wonderlick? No smarts would be Zero, I never said it was good football smarts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
*cough*EXCUSE*cough*

If VY is not a good passer, then how can we truly judge the WRs?
I'm not trying to make excuses for him whatsoever. But I'd love to hear you argue that the Titans wideouts are good. Where would you rank them relative to the other nfl teams? I think we can all agree they COULD use an upgrade.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote