View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008   #5
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Funny excuse from VY fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I've been thinking about the Titans for a few days, how I disagree with their draft strategy, how they really aren't that good of a team but are so darn competitive and produce these scrappy wins.

I'll preface this with my thoughts on VY. I think the guy is a tremendous talent, extremely athletic, fun to watch... a guy you want to root for (unless your a rival), and is a good motivator/leader, he pushes his teammates to be better. On the other hand, if it's not Madden... I don't want him to be my QB, in real football I don't like the scrambling kind, he can't throw the ball worth a darn- has no accuracy, relies WAY too much on his God-given talent and not his football smarts. I'll give him another few years to progress his football IQ before I really call him a bust.
Where does this misconception come from that vy has football smarts? The offense at UT was dumbed down for vy to a first read if open throw if not run. He could not grasp Chows playbook and it was dumbed down and in his second year he regressed and got chow fired. Now they have a new old coordinator who is talking about working on his mechanics (which should have been done while he was in High School). So someone please explain to me where this premis is that he has football smarts. He is a gifted athlete I will give him that but that is all he is.