View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Funny excuse from VY fanboy

I've been thinking about the Titans for a few days, how I disagree with their draft strategy, how they really aren't that good of a team but are so darn competitive and produce these scrappy wins.

I'll preface this with my thoughts on VY. I think the guy is a tremendous talent, extremely athletic, fun to watch... a guy you want to root for (unless your a rival), and is a good motivator/leader, he pushes his teammates to be better. On the other hand, if it's not Madden... I don't want him to be my QB, in real football I don't like the scrambling kind, he can't throw the ball worth a darn- has no accuracy, relies WAY too much on his God-given talent and not his football smarts. I'll give him another few years to progress his football IQ before I really call him a bust.

With that said, he doesn't have the talent at WR to be that successful. TE's should provide for a good target for him (shorter passes). Why the hell don't the draft a good WR for him!!?? Well the answer I've finally realized is that the front office understands it wouldn't make that much difference right now.

The Titans have an awesome rushing attack now. Between VY, Johnson, White, Henry? (last years pick?) anyways... teams know they're going to run the ball yet they will still be able to be successful. This limits the amount of passes VY has to attempt (less turnovers) and keeps the T.O.P. in the titans favor. Then you get to their Defense and Special teams which are very good. Their easily a top 10 D going into the season with room to crack the top 5 in my opinion...

VY's job is easy in that offensive strategy. He's not a great QB and never will be because he's not really going to be forced to be a prototypical QB. All that matters is W's and they'll find a way to get those. He'll be a good football player but never a great QB.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote