View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008   #2
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx
Default Re: Post Your Fantasy Football Team

QB: Tom Brady (5th selection)
RB: MJD (29th selection)
RB2: Thomas Jones (77th selection)
WR: Andre Johnson (20th pick "championship")
WR2: Santonio Holmes (44th selection)
WR3: Derrick Mason (92nd selection)
TE: Chris Cooley (53rd pick)
K: John Kasay (164)
DST: Vikings (68th pick)
QB2: Schaubbie! (101st selection)
RB3: Matt Forte (116th)
RB4: Ray Rice (149th)
WR4: Sidney Rice (125th)
WR5: James Hardy (140th)

It was an early morning draft, so there were a lot of autopickers out there. I reached a couple times to beat the rush on a few players because I memorized the autopick order. I didn't want to take Brady, but the only RB I thought had value when I picked was Lynch, I probably should have gone with him. Didn't intend to take Cooley or the Vikings, but with so many autopicks, the people I did want were likely to fall to me in the next rounds anyway, so I picked cooley in the 5th, and missed Calvin Johnson by 1 pick, then didn't want anyone so went with the Vikes defense before the autopicker went defense happy. I figure Matt Forte will be the starting RB in Bear land by week 3, and probably their only offense. Ray Rice has a good game 1 matchup and McGahee might be injured for that one. Schaub was the QB I was targeting, but I ended up going Brady in round one, at least I've got depth in the rare event Brady's foot injury is serious. Thomas Jones should have a better year with his improved line and people focusing more on Farve. Sidney Rice and James Hardy were reaches, but have good upside (IMO), I think Hardy is the 2nd WR on the depth chart for the Bills.