View Single Post
Old 06-20-2004   #32
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not down on Babin - actually I'm more intrigued with him than any player
we have ever selected. But he is, to be sure, a big time project. He not only
didn't he play major league competition in college, but he will be playing a radically different position. We aren't talking 'bout switching from guard to
tackle or safety to corner, rather we are talking 'bout going from a DL position to playing upright as a LB. Oh maybe he played some backer in college, but he was basically and for the majority of the time a DL rushing from a 3 point stance. Apparently Suggs made this transition smoothly last
year as a rookie for the Ravens - lets hope it goes as well for Babin and the
Texans.
By the way, I subscribe to the Larry Bird philosphy that (A) says we should be able to talk openly & candidly 'bout Sports & Race (B) recognizes the economic significance that in the NFL (like the NBA), the brunt of the racial
makeup of the fan base is white (economically and numerically), therefor it
would be economically relavant if key players(like QBs & elite edge pass rushers) are white (or not white). So this is a very clumsy segway to my question, but does anybody know what Babin's ethnic/racial background is: Lebonese (or other Mid Eastern), Bro, Italian or Greek, just a real swarthy
European-American ? My apologies to all the hyper sensitive PC types on the
board, but I'm really curious. And if you think this makes me a bit of a racist,
well so be it. Anyway, Larry Bird is not bad company to be with.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote