Thread: Over Anxious
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2004   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 226347 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I look at the Babin move as being a really good sign of where the coaches and Casserly think we are right now. That move was not something that a team deeply concerned about it's depth would do. Niether was it the kind of move I would have expected if they were seriously concerned about Seth Payne's recovery.

The Babin pick was a move that a team thinking it's ready to go makes. It's not a "We're just one players away" kind of move but it's close IMO. It's an "Ok, we're going to be in good shape this coming year so lets get this guy we want instead of padding depth in several places"

It inspires confidence in me to see them grabbing Babin and planning on starting him.