View Single Post
Old 06-19-2004   #25
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153429 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans didn't give up any more for Wade than say Jon Runyon received from the Eagles (relative to the time frame) when they pursued him for their RT a few years back. We had a glaring hole at RT and it is now resolved. Risk? Hardly. Some say the Eagles over-paid Runyon but I don't think the Eagles regretted that move one bit and "unheard of" is an overstatement. They have been a dominant team ever since. Having a journeyman RT and being 4-12 and 5-11 isn't a huge coincidence. Games are won and lost at the LOS.

For Babin we gave up a net of ONE first day pick and some second day selections. Not too bad if he is the edge rusher we have never had since year one. I don't see how moving up to the 27th pick and giving up 103 and 93rd overall as displacement as too much net cost unless you think that more marginal players is what we needed instead of a key starter at a key position. Most people considered LaBoy a reach and he is not going to be a full time starter in TN and doesn't have Babin's run stopping abilities (supposedly) so he will likely only be a situational pass-rusher for Tennessee. Babin is already a starter in our defense. Laboy would be another project, and last I checked, we have tons of them already at linebacker. Starks? His knock is being immature and he didn't grade out that high last year, hence the free fall to the third round.

Hollings was a back in High school so its not like he is a lumberjack turned running back. Its a bit early to say what he is or isn't at this point.

And yeah, Carr will likely do better, but that is not what we are debating now is it? You were talking about being dissapointed. So far, for the first overall, he is my big one to date. To each his own. You have your opinion, I have mine. Its not a bad thing, but I am known to take on anything I disagree with. Call it a trend if you will but heck, that's the part I enjoy about message boards.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote