View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008   #75
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mike Bell is now a Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
if Bell didn't have potential they wouldn't have signed him. Priest Holmes wasn't drafted and bounced from the Ravens to the Chiefs until he became Priest Holmes - the best back in the league for a few years. Not comparing him to Holmes but you bring in players you think can add something and let r rip.
Vinnnnnnny....

I don't buy that line, not for a second. I like the optimism, though.

That same line could have been used to rationalize the Chris Brown signing, as well. In fact, we could look at all the journeyman RB signings...I think Kubiak averages about 2.5 per month, and say "If ___(insert name) didn't have potential they wouldn't have signed him." And the results are always the same: Dude gets signed, dude gets cut or traded.

I'd take Kevin Jones or Cedric Benson over Mike Bell any day.

But THEY aren't here. Nor does it seem they are even on the radar. Ill bet it has to do with $$$...which means we sign guys who will take low pay.

If you'll excuse me now, I have to go change our RB roster on my white dry erase board.