View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008   #51
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mike Bell is now a Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
So much anger!

Nobody thinks this guy's going to set the world on fire - or even make the team! Nobody thinks he's Walter Payton, or even Terrell Davis. He's a guy who's coming in to get reps at RB so that the other RBs don't get overworked... and so that Chris Brown can watch another RB take his reps.

It's just for more competition. That's a good thing. I don't think anyone thinks we just signed a 1000 yard rusher. Sheesh!
That is the point most of us were or are trying to make it. Some of us who have mentioned guys who were cast offs and showed something are looking for a positive instead of being 'Debbie Downer'. Everyone seems to believe the team will keep 4 backs and at least one FB maybe 2. So the more backs to see who is the best fit the better at this point in time.

As far as trading for someone elses backup with a late round pick; I am sure a lot of that was discussed prior and during this past years draft. It did not happen then I seriously doubt it will happen now with teams going into training camp because of the unknown injury that may or may not happen. That is almost like "Mr. Ridiculous Trade Proposal Guy" in baseball or on madden.