View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008   #15
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mike Bell is now a Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
if Bell didn't have potential they wouldn't have signed him. Priest Holmes wasn't drafted and bounced from the Ravens to the Chiefs until he became Priest Holmes - the best back in the league for a few years.
OMG, you're trying to use Priest Homes as an example to Mike Bell? Give me a break.

If he had POTENTIAL, then he'd still be with the Broncos. The guy had numerous opportunities to take that starting job, and was never that good in one of the easiest rushing offenses in the league. The Broncos have grabbed several RB's since Bell has been there, so he obviously didn't show that much potential nor was he consistent when he had his chances.

The Texans have quite a bit of history of grabbing bad RB's, so acting like a guy has so much potential just because the Texans signed him is being totally homerish. Yeah, I remember hearing how much potential Stacy Mack, Ron Dayne, Wali Lundy, Chris Taylor, Vernon Morency, Amaan Green, and Kris Brown all had and feeling the same way I do now about Mike Bell. DD has been the only good RB this franchise has signed since it's existance, and you can deny that all you want, but stats and production speaks for itself.

Sorry, but I don't automatically assume that a guy has great potential just because the Texans signed him because that's my team. Chris Brown was just another Amaan Green type of signing which is starting to look like he might not even make it out of camp. Go figure. Mike Bell will be just another pair of legs out there carrying the ball. Another Wali Lindy type of signing we just made.

Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote