View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008   #62
Goldensilence
Is this Sparta?

Rep Power: 9088 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: the Early Returns Are In....

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
How is that the same? Dunta can become a great FS, Okoye can become an average DE. He can make a smooth transition over to FS, Okoye on the otherhand....

Beside it isn't like Dunta is a stud a CB, wasn't the complaint that he wasn't a cover corner? That he might be better suited for FS, where he can roam more freely?
Yep same thing IMO. Do you really want an 180lb FS in the backfield? How many CBs really make that transition all that smoothy? Maybe you missed the Marcus Coleman experiment as well. I'm also not sure how much Dunta would be able to add to his frame honestly.

I think we get caught up in name tags like "Franchise" when added to a position. Is he one of the mythical "franchise" CBs? I don't think there are many you can really put in that category so probably not. IS he a solid all around corner who excels more in run support? Yeah but to me long as you are not getting routinely abused outside that's what most teams want or have.

I just don't think this staff covets that rangy FS that a lot of us would like to see in the backfield.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote