View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008   #29
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Look out Chris Brown. FA RB Mike Bell visits tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
to me this is just a sign that they aren't totally happy with their backs (the Texans are looking at a "group" of RB's - per rotoworld).
spot on. I don't think us fans are too impressed with this group either I mean Darius Walker was the lone RB standing @ the end of last season (filling in adequately).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
If I had to guess, Brown is the player most on the hot seat. It may be unfair to Brown since he is supposedly injured but he looked old and slow when I got a peek at him.
I believe Slayton beats him out in camp, Gibbs is after someone who can explode though the hole on the backside with one cut then downhill from there. so you need vision, speed, deciveness, confidence in your ability, durability (which includes practicing) & a nose for the end zone. I honesly don't see much more the Texans can do until next season to address their need @ RB then, depending on the severity, use a first rd. pick if the right guy is still on the board Chris Wells, RB Ohio State comes to mind (doubtfull he'd still be there) maybe via free agent aquisition or even a trade? I don't expect movement until 09, however Rick Smith is full of surprises

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote