View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008   #24
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 89864 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: the Early Returns Are In....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
I agree on all points. I think we see five of this year's draft picks make an impact on this team. I think the front office has done an excellent job of picking guys who (i) fit the system, (ii) fit the personality of the team and (iii) are good character.

I think another big reason of the success of these players is the willingness of the veterans on the roster to help rookies get caught up and adjust. One of the first thing we saw this new front office do is rid the team of some bad elements and replace them with solid veterans who would serve as an example to the younger players. We don't hear it mentioned much, but you have to believe that a lot of Bennet's success should be credited to Dunta...and we are seeing Dunta do the same thing with Molden. Look at Salaam and Brown. The same could be said for Sage helping Schaub get up to speed last year.

There is just a good feel about the players on this team. Guys doing what they can for the TEAM, notwithstanding the fact that they may be training the guy who will push them back on the depth chart. This sort of attitude becomes the fabric of a team and sets a tone for how this year's rookies will help along rookies to come.

I realize that we have had a huge turnover in the roster since Smith and Kubiak got here.

I thought it was just a matter of upgrading talent.

Could you expound on who the "bad element" players were that we rid ourselves of, as I really can't think of any.

If you consider lack of talent to be the same as "bad element" then disregard.

Thanks.