View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008   #24
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Lead Division in Coaches...

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
it's one of those things that i kind of worry about, let's say that Richard Smith's defense doesn't show enough improvement and they decide to fire him, I'd really hate to see a new system installed. I would hate to have all this down time while the defense has to be reconfigured. (god forbid if we switched to a 3-4 and have to rearrange the personnel again.) I'd like to think that all the coaches on staff share somewhat similar philosophies, otherwise why would they be working in this system? it seems like it would make more sense to tweak the current system than to install a new one. I'm hoping that's the philosophy. lets say John Benton gets hired out from under us after Gibbs retires, I'd hope that one of the offensive assistants would promote to continue teaching the same system rather than someone new coming in with a different philosophy.
I think Kubes will continue to bring in coaches that fit his philosophy. Sherman didn't fit it and there were possibly mixed messages to the line and the running game because of it. I think he was able to learn a lot from working with him, though. Kubiak prefers the 4-3 so if Smith were to leave us I feel confident that he would only look at coaches that would run that as a base.