View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008   #1
stiff
Rookie

Default Profootballtalk.com Texans One Liners

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...mp-one-liners/

Quote:
QB Sage Rosenfels got Tuesday afternoon off because his shoulder was bothering him.

The team sent RB Chris Brown to the trainer for a look-see on his back at lunch time; Brown didnít return for the afternoon session.

WR Kevin Walter suggests that itís playoffs or bust: ďIf we donít make the playoffs, thatís a disappointment. Thatís one thing the organization needs, for us to take the extra step and make the playoffs.Ē

G Fred Weary missed practice on Tuesday with a hamstring injury.

WR Jacoby Jones is day-to-day with a foot problem.

Coach Gary Kubiak likes CB Jacques Reeves speed.

Kubiak also likes 16-year veteran DT Jeff Zgonina: ďIím amazed at how well he takes care of his body and the condition level that he is in. I have tremendous respect for him as a person; the way he lives his life, the way he goes about being a football player. He loves football. Itís important to him.Ē

QB Matt Schaub says heíll be able to stay healthy for an entire season: ďIím very confident in my ability to go out there and play 16 weeks. I feel like Iím in great shape right now, strong and able to go out there and play.Ē

[Editorís note: Each of the above items were from information disseminated by the team via e-mail to the media. And to us.]

Could there be a quarterback controversy?

K Kris Brown nailed a 63-yard field goal in practice.

RB Chris Taylor is also playing fullback.

Alex Gibbs got back into the game by telling coach Gary Kubiak: ďIím tired of sitting around.Ē
stiff is offline   Reply With Quote