View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008   #3
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35954 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: LOL ESPN makes 28 factual errors in their Fantasy Football Issue

LOL!! Sid Jerivicious. Who the hell is that guy? Anarchy in the United States?

Quote:
6. Joe Jurevicius Apparently Has an Evil Twin (Page 68)

It's true. On Page 68, ESPN refers to Cleveland's receiver as "Sid Jurevicius."

Even if Sid is some obscure nickname I don't know about - and Wikipedia said nothing of this - calling Joe Jurevicius "Sid" is just bound to confuse a lot of people. By the way, I Googled "Sid Jurevicius" and came up empty, so I'm thinking it's yet another mistake; not some weird movie reference.

UPDATE: An e-mailer informed me that Sid Jurevicius is likely a reference to Sid Vicious, a member of the Sex Pistols (a punk band in the 80s), who died of an overdose. Frankly, I would have preferred a factual error than some weird, obscure reference that the majority of ESPN's demographic (i.e. 30 and under) wouldn't get.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote