View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008   #15
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Lead Division in Coaches...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
I disagree that it would have to be confidential for Jeff Fisher's sake. If Bud Adams is ever stupid enough to fire Fisher, then he will get what he deserves. The Titans would go to the bottom of the division, and meanwhile Jeff Fisher would only be out of a job as long as he wanted. Fisher would have immediate job offers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Whether you like the Titans or not, and I certainly don't, I think one has to agree that Fisher is one of the better NFL head coachs. Not as good as Kubiak, of course.
Definitely agree with both of you, but I was just using that as an example. If I were a coach, I'd be very careful in what I say if there was the slightest chance the public or my organization would find out that I valued 20 or so other organizations better. Maybe Rod Marinelli would be a better example with the Lions. If the lions org. found out he or their defensive coordinator thought the team sucked and ranked them at like #30 or something, it would look bad for them.

However, I'd find it interesting to see how these Coaches feel about other organizations. I'd be willing to bet the Texans would be ranked very high, maybe that's homerism speaking- but it'd be kinda cool to read. What owners are really respected consistently, what teams coaches consistently feel are up and comers. Like hearing that Gibbs and Rhodes were the ones that called Kubiak and not the other way around, that hit me hard that we're a team these people want to go to now.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote