View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008   #12
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Lead Division in Coaches...

i remember in the Gibbs 2.0 era in Washington that they had some rediculous number of coaches. it didn't help. but i don't think that they are an organization with the same long term philosophy that the Texans have. I'd be curious to see how many the colts have. I believe that we share a similar philosophy of expecting good coaches to move on and up and protecting the educational momentum by hiring more young coaches that we can mentor and feed with the type of info we want them to coach with and when their elders promote up on other teams that have key positions available we'll have a younger guy who is teaching the exact same system that the guy above him was. so you can have a revolving door of coaches and still keep consistent teaching so you don't have "rebuilding years" with coach turnover and the new coaches want a different type of player so the organization has to replace all the players and that can take years to develop. by the time you've turned over all your players the coaches are on their way out because of a slow turnaround!

one of the greatest things about this organization is that it preaches the "stay the course" philosophy and although it's maybe not as sensational as some other systems, it will prove to have longevity and as a fan i'm much more interested in that.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote