View Single Post
Old 07-27-2008   #46
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Taylor to get reps at FB

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
In the Gibbs system, the FB is almost like a 6th OL, whose primary function is forging the running lane for the RB or pass protecting. The pass catching is secondary. Vonta Leach, as would be expected, is stronger than any of our RB, and is expected to dish out punishment. As such he will be sustaining constant repetitive trauma (much more than the average RB) and must be extremely DURABLE. Does this define Chris Taylor?..........or any other RB on the roster???? I don't believe so.
How is that different from a FB in the power blocking scheme? Seems to me the difference is that the FB in the ZBS has no idea where the RB behind him is going to decide to go, whereas the FB in the PBS (PBS, ha-ha) is generally (but maybe not always) running right through the lane where the RB is headed. I sometimes wonder why a FB is even used in the ZBS, although Leach seems to be awefully good at it. Generally, it seems that an extra TE would be more appropriate for the ZBS.

Last edited by HJam72; 07-27-2008 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Added last sentense.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote