View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008   #37
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Running Backs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Because he has yet to do anything in the league. Yes he has promise but a lot of players come in with a lot more promise than Taylor and it is not developed or showed. Until he gets on the field and in game situations that matter and does something he is just a bench warmer.
Right, until Green or Brown get injured (and none of us want that to happen), Taylor will just languish on the bench.

Why would we sign Brown in the first place?
'Cause he's very familiar with the ZBS, and he's proven.

The only thing that will stop Slaton is if he puts the ball on the ground more than Kubiak would like to see.
The guy is made for the WCO/ZBS marrriage. He's the most versatile of all the backs we have.

He can run between tackles.
He has the vision and the quickness to make the cut back.
He can take the ball outside on a stretch play.
He can line up in the slot and take a pass, whether it's a dump-off to the flat or a quick slant.
He can turn a screen pass into a good gain.
He has the elusiveness, once an Olineman can give a decent block on the next level, he might be gone!

NOT TO SAY that he can't be stopped.
Overall, I'll just say that we don't have to pay Reggie Bush's salary.
(They are not in the same mold really. Slaton is better than Bush between tackles. Bush is more elusive in the open field. Something like that.)
The difference is definitely not worth those gazillion dollars!!!

On the other hand, I wouldn't mind if Slaton sits on the bench either.
For it means that Green and Brown are healthy. And I'm cool with that!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote