View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008   #11
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Running Backs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK_Gamer View Post
I think under normal circumstances the Texans would only keep 3 RB's, But considering the importance the FO is putting on the running game (bringing in Gibbs, signing Brown, drafting Slaton) I would not be surprised if we kept 4 RB's and one or 2 on the ps (Slaton/and or Walker). I think they will rotate freely between them based on health and production. I think there is a chance one will emerge on the top of the pile so to speak, but I don't think it will really matter. The end result will be about 2000 yards or more rushing for the team. By last years standards that would put us in the top 8 in the league. They will also be able to better classify the strengths of each runner in different situations so next season they can be even more productive and efficient. Maybe by that time we can pick up a more dependable tandem through FA or the draft.
Third round backs don't normally get put on the PS especially after signing a deal.

One thing I am thinking on is Brown's running style, how it played in injuries in Tenn and how our running game will also be affected by an efficient passing attack unlike the past few years in Tenn.

I'm not counting on Green for much but unlike the past few years we don't have to default to Ron Dayne. We've got a much better backfield combined now. I just don't see out FO making RB a big time priority after this year when we can see effective results from a combined backfield.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote