View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008   #3
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Running Backs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
FanHouse is doing their series on training camp battle, about three a day.

I chose to feature the running back battle because I think it's important to the Texans season and well, people care about it some for fantasy purposes.

Not much new here because it's written for mostly a national audience but some people might get something out of it.

A quick add, apparently the Hashmarks AFC South guy is going to be doing more Texans stuff and mentioned this is a recent post:

Good read, very good in-depth explanation of our running game, maybe the national audience can get a better idea of what is going on with our team.

Quote:
Conclusion: I believe that the Texans running game will be improved this year with the addition of Alex Gibbs working with the offense. Kubiak is desperate to get a consistent running game going. However, I also believe that any time you pretty much have a wide open camp competition for an unsettled but key part of your team, that is usually not a good sign for the upcoming year.
Pre-camp, I am guessing that the Texans lineup will be Green, Brown, Slaton, unless either Green or Brown have issues, and then Taylor takes their place. They might keep Taylor and only carry one fullback on the roster.
I really like your conclusion here and feel really good about the bolded statement. I think it will be Green, Brown, Slaton also.....but that's a big maybe with all the injury history we have. The one good thing is we have so many darn RB's that seem at least serviceable, one of them is bound to have a good season behind the ZBS. But which one will it be, it's compelling to me and something I will follow throughout the season. It will be interesting to see how it pans out.

For the money the Texans have invested in him, I really hope Green stays healthy, it would be really awesome to see him have a great year especially since so many have written him off because of age and injury. I am not holding my breath, but it would be great.