View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008   #19
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222469 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mock Texans Starting Lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
Pretty hard to just plain uproot a guy during the course of the season...

Most of the time a starter has to really mess up or prove he's not getting it done for a back-up to take his role...

It can happen, but it's rare.

If someone's gonna unexpectedly get their spot taken look for it to happen in pre-season/training camp...
I don't think it's that rare especially with rookies. I think over the years, there have been a lot of rooks that start the season on the bench and then work their way into playing time. I admit I don't have any examples at hand*, but I'm pretty sure it's not that unusual.

And not just because someone like Faggins is screwing up and that lets someone like Bennett in or because someone gets injured.

* Well I mean I have some but they're unusual. Like Dorsett eventually beating out Pearson.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote