View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008   #18
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mock Texans Starting Lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Opening day, without going through TC and learning more, I expect this:

QB: Matt Schaub
RB: Ahman Green
FB: Vonta Leach
OT: Eric Winston
OG: Mike Brisiel
C: Chris Myers
OG: Chester Pitts
OT: Duane Brown
TE: Owen Daniels
WR: Andre Johnson
WR: Kevin Walter

DE: Mario Williams
NT: Travis Johnson
DT: Amobi Okoye
DE: Anthony Weaver
OLB: Kevin Bentley (Although I think it's Zac's job to lose at this point)
MLB: DeMeco Ryans
OLB: Morlon Greenwood
SS: C.C. Brown
FS: Will Demps
CB: Fred Bennett
CB: Jacques Reeves

I'm hoping that Okam steps up and pushes TJ for the NT spot. And by mid-season, I'm hoping that Molden, Diles, and Adibi are pushing for playing time.

I think prior to TC this is the most realistic starting lineup. Weary is coming off surgery and will at least be healthy enough to battle for the RG but i think Brisiel will win it.

Weaver will get the starting nod this year again but I'm not expacting an abundance of production from him. I am real curious on Colvin's impact overall at LB and DE. His flexibility should ideally make things very interesting. I don't want to hear anyone saying Smith doesn't fully have pieces this season as an excuse for a bland unagressive scheme.

DB will be fun to watch during TC. I'm curious to see what the Harrison's will bring and I think Demps will be in the starting lineup. I really think people are sleeping on Reeves. I think he's a much more solid addition then some people here are wanting to give credit for. Molden has the tools it's just going to be the matter of getting him to game speed in the NFL as opposed to AA College. I know we're all abouy his raw ability but it's going to take time.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote