View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008   #19
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 89488 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sporting News on Texans Prospects

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Its just you.

Actually, you're both right.

JWarren said: If we can beat the jags, colts, titans on a consistent basis, why cant we beat any other team in the league.
I think that's a true statement.

You correctly pointed out that: We were 1-5 in our division last year. And I'll add to that the fact that we've managed to lose to Tennessee that last four times in a row. So we aren't beating our divisional foes at all, let alone "on a consistent basis".

So obviously, we're not where JWarren, or any of us, want to be.

When we can beat down the Colts, Jags, and Titans with regularity, we WILL be a playoff team with the Super Bowl in our sights.

Can we "make the final push to the playoffs"? If we don't throw away any non-divisional games and win a couple more inside the division, yes we can. But we have yet to show we've arrived at that point. However, we're closer than we've ever been.
You forgot that J also said:
Quote:
I am confident we have the talent, depth, and coaching to help us make that final push to the playoffs *knocking on wood*.

That's where I got "faulty logic" from.

Mike
That

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote