View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008   #18
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 327709 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sporting News on Texans Prospects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
Is it just me or is this faulty logic. If we can beat the jags, colts and titans on a consistent basis. When have we EVER done that. We were 1-5 in our division last year, and honestly say what you want, but Jville didn't give a damn about the game the time we beat them. I'm picking us to beat Tenn, but we aren't in the same class as the Jags/Colts.

I think when you look at the AFC the Pats/Colts/chargers/steelers are the division winners. Jags are better than we are and finish ahead of us. I think we are about even with the browns. We are probably a little better than they are to be honest. But we don't get to play Pitt/Cincy/Balt twice a year.

I'm not trying to be down on us. I think we're much improved. Unfortunately I don't see us finishing better than 9-7. In the AFC that means I don't see us making the playoffs. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Mike
Its just you.

Actually, you're both right.

JWarren said: If we can beat the jags, colts, titans on a consistent basis, why cant we beat any other team in the league.
I think that's a true statement.

You correctly pointed out that: We were 1-5 in our division last year. And I'll add to that the fact that we've managed to lose to Tennessee that last four times in a row. So we aren't beating our divisional foes at all, let alone "on a consistent basis".

So obviously, we're not where JWarren, or any of us, want to be.

When we can beat down the Colts, Jags, and Titans with regularity, we WILL be a playoff team with the Super Bowl in our sights.

Can we "make the final push to the playoffs"? If we don't throw away any non-divisional games and win a couple more inside the division, yes we can. But we have yet to show we've arrived at that point. However, we're closer than we've ever been.