View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008   #18
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sporting News on Texans Prospects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
Is it just me or is this faulty logic. If we can beat the jags, colts and titans on a consistent basis. When have we EVER done that. We were 1-5 in our division last year, and honestly say what you want, but Jville didn't give a damn about the game the time we beat them. I'm picking us to beat Tenn, but we aren't in the same class as the Jags/Colts.

I think when you look at the AFC the Pats/Colts/chargers/steelers are the division winners. Jags are better than we are and finish ahead of us. I think we are about even with the browns. We are probably a little better than they are to be honest. But we don't get to play Pitt/Cincy/Balt twice a year.

I'm not trying to be down on us. I think we're much improved. Unfortunately I don't see us finishing better than 9-7. In the AFC that means I don't see us making the playoffs. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Mike
Its just you.

Actually, you're both right.

JWarren said: If we can beat the jags, colts, titans on a consistent basis, why cant we beat any other team in the league.
I think that's a true statement.

You correctly pointed out that: We were 1-5 in our division last year. And I'll add to that the fact that we've managed to lose to Tennessee that last four times in a row. So we aren't beating our divisional foes at all, let alone "on a consistent basis".

So obviously, we're not where JWarren, or any of us, want to be.

When we can beat down the Colts, Jags, and Titans with regularity, we WILL be a playoff team with the Super Bowl in our sights.

Can we "make the final push to the playoffs"? If we don't throw away any non-divisional games and win a couple more inside the division, yes we can. But we have yet to show we've arrived at that point. However, we're closer than we've ever been.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote