View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008   #17
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58272 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sporting News on Texans Prospects

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
I am confident we have the talent, depth, and coaching to help us make that final push to the playoffs *knocking on wood*.

I also like that we play in the toughest division in the NFL IMO, because it is molding us to become the best team in the best division which means, well, we can only be the best. If we were in some podunk nfc division with the falcons and saints there wouldnt be much to build towards because a .500 season or even a sub .500 could win your division and we'd be in the playoffs.

If we can beat the jags, colts, titans on a consistent basis, why cant we beat any other team in the league. With our youth, talent, staff, front office, I say we are building an empire to take over the world. Maybe I am just babbling because its the end of the work day after a holiday weekend. Is it football season yet.....????
Is it just me or is this faulty logic. If we can beat the jags, colts and titans on a consistent basis. When have we EVER done that. We were 1-5 in our division last year, and honestly say what you want, but Jville didn't give a damn about the game the time we beat them. I'm picking us to beat Tenn, but we aren't in the same class as the Jags/Colts.

I think when you look at the AFC the Pats/Colts/chargers/steelers are the division winners. Jags are better than we are and finish ahead of us. I think we are about even with the browns. We are probably a little better than they are to be honest. But we don't get to play Pitt/Cincy/Balt twice a year.

I'm not trying to be down on us. I think we're much improved. Unfortunately I don't see us finishing better than 9-7. In the AFC that means I don't see us making the playoffs. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote