Thread: Chris Brown
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008   #47
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 70559 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Chris Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
We won't be keeping 4 RB's on the active roster with 1 on the PS. At most there will be 3 active and 1 PS.

Unfortunately, playing devil's advocate, if this double loss should occur DURING the season (as opposed to the preseason), I would not give it as rosey a picture. We really don't know how Taylor is going to hold up under contact following recent rehab, Slaton (though promising) as a rookie is still to be proven, Walker will be pulled from the PS.....things could go either way quickly.

Walker is the only one eligible for P.S., and I expect him to be there.

I actually believe we will keep 4 Rbs on the 53 man roster if all 4 are healthy coming out of camp. With the emphasis on the running game this year, the injury history of the backs in question, and Kubiak's ability to learn from the problems of the season before, I believe we will end up with all 4 on the roster.

I just can't see us going into the season counting on Brown and Green to stay healthy. We have to have the added depth because of their injury histories.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote