Thread: I See Red
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008   #33
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113372 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I See Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
i was in no way suggesting that by wearing a certain color that we would develop a winning tradition. what are you smoking? i was talking about developing a national visual identity through consistency. there are winning football teams that have 7 different uniforms also, and i for one think those teams that i was talking about have a more storied tradition and a visual identity associated with there winning traditions than the teams that have won in the past and have gone the route of the new fad of stupid swooshy nonsense and red unitards.
Storied and winning traditions are created by guys with names like Butkus, Montana, Mean Joe Green, etc. NOT uniforms.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote