Thread: I See Red
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008   #28
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7786 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I See Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
IMO, Dominant, and winning football defined those teams, and ingrained their images onto our national sports psyche, not the other way around...
Teams that have winning traditions like those teams, and mega fan bases, don't feel they need to add another jersey to generate additional revenue, so they are riding on the reputations they have built through WINNING, not through wardrobe.
i was in no way suggesting that by wearing a certain color that we would develop a winning tradition. what are you smoking? i was talking about developing a national visual identity through consistency. there are winning football teams that have 7 different uniforms also, and i for one think those teams that i was talking about have a more storied tradition and a visual identity associated with there winning traditions than the teams that have won in the past and have gone the route of the new fad of stupid swooshy nonsense and red unitards.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote