Thread: I See Red
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008   #27
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I See Red

My strongest feeling on this is that the Battle Red looks good and it works very well as an alternate color. Pulling it out for important games is very, very cool and in those small doses it seems to give the team and the fans a feeling that the intensity just went up a notch or so. That makes it a gimmick in my book and I don't think there's anything to be ashamed about where that is concerned. Every team in the NFL has it's gimmicks. The Cowboys used to do their little offensive line "group-set" thing and the Raiders used to sign crazy people that nobody wanted. The Steelers had their towels and everybody has throwback or alternate jerseys now. Gimmicks are fine as long as things don't get out of hand.

I like the red but you're not doing it any favors by swapping it with the Steel Blue and making it our regular jersey color.

First of all think about what you're getting when you do that. We wear white almost all the time. I'm so sick of wearing white at home and getting to see the Steel Blue only like 4 times a year (or something like that). It seems like we wear white too much in my opinion. So you take Blue out and put the Battle Red in and now you get a couple more games in the red BUT you're still spending the majority of your time wearing white.

What's the point? All you do is make the red less "special" and you're still seeing white all the time.

I'm old school. I can accept an alternate jersey color but for the most part I want to see 8 games in home uniforms and 8 games in away uniforms and that's that.