View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008   #51
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 843 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14
Default Re: ESPN - Scouts Inc- Rankings (QB, RB, WR, etc.)

DL today Texans @ #15:

"The Texans have had one of the worst defensive lines in the league for years but finally are making huge strides along the defensive front. Third-year DE Mario Williams is turning into the player Houston envisioned when making him the No. 1 overall pick in 2006, showing the athleticism and speed to pressure the pocket as well as the size and strength to run effectively. Defensive tackle Amobi Okoye was a first-round pick last year, and at just 21 years old, he will be younger in his second year in the league than most incoming rookies. Okoye is improving rapidly for such a young player, and 2005 first-rounder Travis Johnson had his best year to date in 2007. Fellow DE Anthony Weaver rounds out the group and is more of a run-stopper than a pass-rusher."

In order: Min, NYG, NE, Balt, Tenn, Dal, Pitt, SD, GB, Jax, Phil, Wash, Clev, Indy, HOU, Ari, Sea, Chi, Tam, Car, NO, Buff, Mia, Cincy, KC, StL, Oak, Det, NYJ, Atl, SF, Den

I was expecting us to be in the top 10, but heh what do I know or maybe a better question...what does ESPN & Scouts Inc know? I think the addition to Colvin will help the pass rush as blockers will have to account for him. On the DL, Mario is, well, good and Amobi should be improved TJ had a good season and if Okam can come in and keep him fresh TJ should improve even more. Weaver wasnt healthy at the beginning of last season and never seemed to be able to catch up, but I expect err..hope for him to earn his paycheck this year. I think this has the makings of a really really solid DL.

Also, not sure if this is posted, but I found this tidbit on Slaton (move it to another thread if you want) it talks about his decline at WVU, I hope it doesn't translate to an unflattering rookie season (http://www.sundaymorningqb.com/story.../28/8344/06032)

Is it time for TC yet....