View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008   #57
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [Chron]Texans still flying well under NFL radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I'm a big fan of LZ and it's a shame that he does the best job of critical analysis (not supposed to be a backhanded compliment Lance)....I mean, he's the starving unpaid intern amongst that group.
I think if he actually worked for the Chronicle, he wouldn't be able to read advertisements on his station. The Chronicle TV guy who I like, David Barron had something on that a while back as it related to Solomon and the Chronicle policy toward their sports guys on the radio. Something like they can't work over a certain number of hours a day, they have to say something like "Richard Justice of the Houston Chronicle" and they can't do the advertising read for their sponsors...sponsors pay more for the host reading their content.

But ultimately, out of the people working at the Chronicle, who would you trust to get a non-Pravda X and O discussion from? Like discussing the prospects for different guys battling for the linebacking position around DeMeco? Or saying something like WTH, look where Marlon Greenwood ranks on Texans salary cap numbers? That's not Manfull's job. And McClain is more..."this is what people tell me."

I'd like to hear more of "this is what I'm seeing and this is what is concerning me" sort of talk. I don't trust a lot of this sort of information from the Chronicle because I don't think they have X and O guys, but more let's be provocative peeps. Even in November of last year, Justice was saying in his blog comments that Williams playing "terrible" and was doing a really good imitation of a sixth round pick. The defense has had all sorts of bad bad problems, and Mario Williams shouldn't have been considered a part of that problem. If you can't trust the Chronicle people about something just that basic, what can you trust them about?