View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008   #7
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: It's Time To Sign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Anybody know who Brown's agent is? Sounds like Smith has been working on getting an extension for Demeco in place too. I think we've got the coaching/staff pretty much in place and are really great at drafting players/picking free agents. Now all we have to do is keep the allstar's we have (AJ extension, Demeco, Mario, etc.) Hope we never lose these guys
I agree that a Rookie wage-scale is needed, both for reducing/eliminating holdouts and to encourage teams to pay the money to the vets who've earned it rather than an unproven 22 year old with a fairly high bust potential.

Still, I've actually enjoyed certain holdouts over the past few years. Brady Quinn and Jamarcus Russell come to mind quickly. It will also be interesting to see what happens with the Raiders signing McFadden. I say that based on nothing more than the fact that Al Davis will be calling the shots for the Raiders, and who knows what's going to happen when that's the case. Did he learn a lesson from Russell's holdout last year (Does he remember Russell's holdout last year), or does he really have buyers remorse for all the dollars he's already spent this off-season, and views McFadden as an opportunity to make up for it?

The one nice thing is that given past history, whatever holdout drama develops, it's unlikely to involve us, so we can just sit back and enjoy it.

Edit: Nevermind about McFadden - completely forgot he'd already signed.

Last edited by ChampionTexan; 07-14-2008 at 10:33 AM.
ChampionTexan is online now   Reply With Quote