View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008   #48
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70794 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [Chron]Texans still flying well under NFL radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Wow. You guys took this thread places, way to go. As much as I dislike the sportswriters at the chron as well, they still are the major news media IN Houston. I liked this article, and not everybody has to, but it's just filler for the offseason.

My parents and I do not like the sportswriters for the Chronicle, but for different reasons. I think the new generation (Meagan-Raley, Manful, others that have not been there for more than 5 years) sucks, and it does not look like it will improve at all. They don't like McClain because he's always been a lazy sportswriter who is full of himself. I hate that I have to listen to McClain sound like perverted old man who can barely breathe through his mouth, just to get some Texans news on the radio. They hate having to read his garbage to get news, or that he leaves and goes on vacation right at draft time and whatnot.

LZ is pretty good, but he's looking more like the exception than the rule.

I still liked this article
Meh on the article.

Quote:
THE harsh, slap-in-the-face reality is that America doesn't think much of Bob McNair's little NFL team.

No offense intended, you can almost certainly rest assured. The Texans, after all, have mustered up less offense in their six-season existence than the local soccer team did in unveiling the name Houston 1836.
I guess he didn't watch the Texans offense at all last season. It was actually the defense that had bigger issues. But don't let that get in the way of a really lame joke.

Quote:
Mario Williams isn't Stupor Mario anymore; he's Super Mario all the way, with 11 sacks in his past nine games.
He was only "Stupor Mario" because the Chronicle wanted to gloss him that because they wanted someone else picked. Mario Williams, playing through a painful foot problem his rookie year that eventually required him to receive two injections a game, is the only member of the line his rookie year that started all 16 games. The only one. That ain't showing up in a Chronicle article.

The Chronicle have written variations of this article before. There are a million different more relevant articles that could be written about the team. Things that say more than the rest of the world doesn't think much about the Texans.

Actually, most of the national articles this year seem to say things along the lines of man, the Texans are building something good, too bad they play in the AFC South. But why would he write something like that because he wouldn't be able to bust out his futility humor?

The article was recycled garbage and a waste of space. The line in Vegas is not what Vegas thinks will happen. It is what they believe will move people to bet.

The reality is that the majority of Houstonians only get their Texans news from the Chronicle. Not from HT.com or here or national sources. From the Chronicle. It's too bad that they waste their column space on stuff like this.