View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008   #31
ESAD2-14
TexanAmerican

Rep Power: 17283 ESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [Chron]Texans still flying well under NFL radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
i go to the games, i don't see the people in the stands. the ones i do see aren't very enthusiastic. maybe it's just not part of the culture there. in turn, perhaps the sports writing is not very enthusiastic either. or is it visa versa?
Hopefully that will change when the Texans start putting up some winning seasons. I know when the Oilers were making the playoffs in the 90's and the Luv Ya Blue era The Dome was full and the crowd was loud. I have a feeling that when the Texans consistently win the fans will show up.

Is the Houston Chronicle any different from other cities in that it hires any sports coverage writer that turns in a resume? Or do other newspapers actually try and hire people from the regional area that are actually fans/supporters of the teams they cover?