View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008   #30
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [Chron]Texans still flying well under NFL radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
Where did I say or allude to that? It has nothing to do with her being female. In fact, I wish Kristie Reiken and her would switch jobs because Kristie has produced more good copy than any of the locals.
I said she's a robot, meaning uninspiring, mechanical articles lacking insight and based heavily on the quote sheet. Her articles reek of 'it's a job' drudgery. I know she's the reporter and not the columnist and her articles are fact based by design, but in terms of style and content, they are generally lifeless and non-informative reads.
Don't be so defensive, your PCness remains intact, pure and unblemished as far as I'm concerned. I did not nor do I now claim you thought she was an A-A hire, I wondered about it myself and was only wondering what you thought about it ? That's all.
And if her articles about football in the Chronicle aren't any good, its probably because she doesn't know much about the sport and cares even less about it. She probably didn't want to be the "guy" on the NFL beat, but jumped at the chance to come down here and work for the Chronicle since her boyfriend was (and still is of course), here in Houston working for the Chronicle.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote