View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008   #29
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [Chron]Texans still flying well under NFL radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
is it possible that the chronicle doesn't offer much more in depth coverage because their readership doesn't require it? ...

no doubt there is better coverage of the texans in houston than in austin, BUT, perhaps houston just isn't that enthusiastic about the texans. maybe as a city houston is less interested than some other cities. i know austin is a town that shows little intrest in sports other than the longhorns and even that is not what i would think from a "sports town". it's just not a "sports town". i think houston is but then again, i have season tickets, i go to the games, i don't see the people in the stands. the ones i do see aren't very enthusiastic. maybe it's just not part of the culture there. in turn, perhaps the sports writing is not very enthusiastic either. or is it visa versa?

It's because there's no competition in the local print media. When the Post was in business you bet it was different.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote