Thread: I See Red
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008   #16
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21314 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I See Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Being a native Texan, and therefore an American, I kinda like red, white, and blue.

I like the color scheme just the way it is, although I would like to see the blue tops more often at home.

We get a uniform discussion about twice a year it seems, at least. And people always bring "identity" into the mix. Like the Steelers have "identity". Black and gold at home, white and gold on the road. That's it. You see that, you know it's Pittsburgh. End of discussion.

If there's anything I don't like about the Texans uniform, and really I couldn't care all that much, is that the Texans have 6 different uniform combinations. White/blue, white/white, blue/white, blue/blue, red/white, red/red....just waiting for the white/red combo. Not a whole lot of identity there. What are you, the Oregon Ducks?

Have home colors, blue/white, with the Battle Red for special once a year occasions. Wear the white/blue on the road, and be done with it, so we can stop with the fashion discussions. It's freaking football, people!

that was my whole point. consistancy forms identity. my biggest issue is the multiple colors too. and for that, stick with the first one. white top/blue bottom. the end.

by the way, the "Texans" colors are the same as the state flag of, uh, um, er... oh yeah, TEXAS.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote