View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008   #21
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [Chron]Texans still flying well under NFL radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
Manfull is a robot. McClain's blog is unreadable because he has become the figurative Verizon Guy with his network of titans and cowboys fans following him around. The columnists write so rarely that when they do decide to write something it's usually sounding off on old news or in the 'so-what, who cares about your opinion because you don't follow the team that closely anyway' category. Lance's blog is very good, but he's not a chron employee.
Manfull is atleast trained as a journalist in college, though her knowledge of football is very lacking, but she's learning ever so gradually. Do you think she's just basically an affirmative action hire ?
But McCain is a joke. Between Baylor, his "movie career", the Cowboys & the Titans, McClain doesn't give the Texans much coverage. And he's just a pathetic journalist. Atleast Manfull has some mechanical skills as a journalists.
And I'm with you about LZ. He is very knowledgible and has decent writing skills. I wish they would let him write full-blown articles on a regular basis in the Chronicle. I will be back to listening to him on a regular basis on 1560 with the soon to begin football season.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote